CSE MLB 2021 All-Star Picks: AL
July 4th, 2021 By William Jeffery
CSE MLB ALL-STAR PICKS/CARDS
The MLB season marches on, and the summer classic quickly approaches. Several faces, old and new, have been standing out from the crowd and have earned spots in our 2021 MLB All-Star Starting lineup. The CSE team analyzes who we think deserves the nod in the 2021 All-Star game, plus one standout stat and a card we like.
AL Position Players
First Base: Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- Vladdy Jr. leads all of Major League Baseball with 22 HR, and is on pace to hit 54 homers.
- 2017 Bowman Chrome Refractor
Second Base: Jose Altuve
- Altuve homered on a pitch .85 feet above the ground last week in Fenway, the lowest pitch hit for a HR since 2018
- 2011 Topps Update US132 RC Rookie
Shortstop: Xander Boegarts
- Bogaerts is 5th in AL BA, 5th in hits, and 3rd in doubles
- 2014 Topps Chrome Rookie #25.
Third Base: Rafael Devers
- The other star of the Red Sox’ left side of the infield is leading the AL in doubles and XBH
- 2014 1st Bowman Chrome Rookie
Outfield: Mike Trout
- Even with his injury, Trout leads all AL OF in All-Star voting and was slashing .333/.466/.624
- 2011 TOPPS Update Rookie
Outfield: Aaron Judge
- A standout in a rather stagnant Yankees’ offense, Judge is hitting .282/.379/.515, but what stands out is his diminishing strikeout rates since 2017
- 2017 Topps All-Star Rookie Gold
Outfield: Adolis García
- The Rangers’ rookie sensation is doing it all, and has tallied the following numbers among all AL rookies: 62 H (2nd), 16 HR (1st), 46 RBI (1st), .518 SLG (2nd)
- 2019 Bowman RC
Catcher: Salvador Perez
- The clear best catcher in the AL leads all catchers in hits, doubles, HR, RBI, and all three hitting metrics
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Rookie Card
Designated Hitter: Shohei Ohtani
- What else is there to say? The last time a player was throwing 100+ on the mound and hitting balls over 115 MPH? Never. His 3.8 WAR is 2nd among all players and has the highest WAR of any non-full time pitcher.
- 2018 Topps Chrome Update RC